- To get RECONCILED with GOD and people priests are available for hearing CONFESSION half an hour before every Mass and at anytime on request.
- Priests are available during the day to bless the people at blessing hall.
- Devotees are welcome to join the common night prayer said at the Basilica every day at 09.00 pm
- Every Saturday evening , there is the usual car procession of Poondi Madha followed by Novena Mass. Mass is followed by recitation of evening prayer before the Blessed Sacrament exposed.
Celebration of Sacraments:
- Sacrament of Baptism is administered at Poondi Madha Basilica after 8:30AM Mass on every Sundays.
- Sacraments of Holy Communion and Marriage are celebrated everyday in the regular masses.
- If anybody wants to have a private celebration of these sacraments outside the regular masses, she/he has to arrange for the priest to celebrate the sacraments.
- One day retreat is conducted during Lenten season in view of a meaningful celebration of Holy Easter.
Poondi Madha Shrine was raised to the level of Minor Basilica by the Holy Father Pope John Paul II on 3rd August 1999. Those who visit the Basilica on the following 6 days and pray for the intentions of the Holy Father, will receive plenary indulgences.
- 3rd January (Consecration of the Basilica)
- 6th Friday of Lent
- 15th May ( Annual Festival )
- 29th June ( Feast of Sts.Peter & Paul )
- 3rd August ( The day of Elevation as Basilica )
- 8th September ( The Birth of Mother Mary )